Tuesday 22 July 2014

Summer...

Hi and good morning to you all. I am back with my latest creation for Passion for Promarkers. The theme of the week is "Summer lovin". That means something you love that has to do with summer. Swimming, beach, playing a game in the garden, going on a date etc.

For this challenge I have made a really messy card, but at least I had fun making it. My (step) dad turned 70 the other week and me and my brothers gave him a trip with a submarine! He loves the sea and well, we thought this was a "little" bit diffrent. I would never ever even go down in one of those tiny spaced thingies, but he seems to look forward to it. And that what set the theme for my card. I was actually trying to make a 3D submarine but it kind of looked... to be kind weird. So this is what I ended up with instead. You know when things works better than they are supposed to? Not often but it happens and when I made this card it was such day. I just wanted a tiny bit of silver flakes to the wild waves but instead everything got stuck and I think that's why I looks a bit messy.


I used a lot of the new dies from the first Limited Editon kit of dies from Magnolia and paired them up with some Magnolia designer papers. Well, one Magnolia paper. The back drop for all the images is a photo that has been taken of an huge aquarium. Thought it was fun. I have also used two layers of plastic sheets and put tons of hair gel in between for a water look with air bubbles. I saw this somewhere and had it poping up when I gave up on my submarine. The diver image is from the Paper Shelter and is only a part of an image that also comes with a mermaid. She is however replaced with a yellow submarine that is from a free colouring book on line. Can't give away a card without a submarine when we're giving away a ride with one right? Besides my dad likes The Beatles. LoL


For the inside of the card I used a copy of some sea charts and an image of a compass. I put the whole diver, not only the legs into the right side of the card and then I wrote up the card up. But that part you don't get to see, for our eyes only. :) Of course all the images and some of the die cuts are coloured with Letraset products which you also have to do to be able to take part in our challenge. I have also used some glossy accent on the gelly fish bodies and on the glass parts of the diving suit.


Sponsoring this challenge is Whiff of Joy with a stamp for one lucky winner. Don't forget to use Letraset products to colour with so you have a chance of winning this lovely prize!

Hope to see many of your fabby summer loves in our challenge the coming week.

Thanks for looking and take care

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card
Creative Card Crew - Sea / Beach
Fan-tastic Tuesday - Anything goes
Party time Tuesday - Anything goes
Papertake weekly - It's a Jolly holiday

6 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous underwater scene gorgeous card Ginny x

Julie said...

Brilliant card, Marie - love all your 'under the sea' elements and what a great idea to have your diver just disappearing out of the frame! Hugs, Juliexx

Lorraine said...

This is brilliant Marie. I love the scene you've created, and all the fab details.
Lorraine x

coops said...

so stunning marie.i love all your fabulous detailing and the diver is brilliant :D

xx coops xx

Mynn xx said...

What a super fun creation! LOVE the awesome scene you created using dies and the digi image! HUGS! Mynn xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is such a wow creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx