Wednesday 9 July 2014

Birthday card with sentiment

Happy birthday dear Marie, happy birthday to youuuu! Well, yepp another year has flew by and today I am a year older, again. How come this keep happening every single year? LoL Just because I'm being... well me, I decided that the new challenge for the coming week over at the Paper Shelter should be "Birthday card with sentiment". Can't have it too easy can we? So a sentiment should be seen as well.

I don't know how many birthdays we have in my family in July, at least 10 I think and it's birthday parties every where all the time, and at the moment we are in one of those periods when everyone turns 0 or 5. I'm not being one of them. Even one of my old cats had her birthday in July, sharing it with my step dad and one of my brother's MIL, I will never forget her date of birth.

I have had a few better days now, but when the weather report starts talking about heavy rains and thunderstorms, I go down again even if I don't want too. It's such a stupied thing to have phobia against or how you put it. Well my new "doc" is nice and evil at the same time and it feels great actually to be able to repeat allt the things I have done at least four times before. LoL Well, I mean it, it does help, at least a little bit.

Ok, enough of boring stuff and on to my card that got saved in the last minute. We have just put up the pool for the year and well, let's just say that water can be splashed very far so my first image got wet and destroyed. Lucky for me I coloured the image twice, one time on white neenah card and the other on the craft version. I wanted to use the white one as it got very vibrant, but it took a swim. At least I had a back up. It's coloured with the pens from Spectrum Noir mainly and a few of the Prisma pencils. Not my normal colouring medium but from time to time it's fun to do something different from what I normally do. The image is one of the newer ones from the Paper Shelter and it's found here.



I did colour this image with another paper pad in mind but didn't like how it looked with the craft. So big dive in to the pile, well enormous pile of 6*6 paper pads. I ended up with a mix of prima papers and one did I ad some sentiment/wording on as it was a bit blend in this mix, but I used a Prima stamp for it, so all Prima anyway. How come that some papers that are stunning are so hard to use on your (read my) creations? They are kind of hard to get together for some reason.

A big bunch of flowers from a bunch of companies has been used as you see. The lovely metal corner and pins are from a blogging friend of mine. Thanks Annelie! The broad lovely lace is from yet another friend of mine, thanks so much Gail. Some half pearls from Bunny Zoe is also added to the mix, and a tiny bow with a left over brown ribbon. The sentiment stamp is a free bee from the lovely people over at Bildmålarna. Thanks for that one too!

http://www.thepapershelter.com/

Ok, I better stop here but as usual you have the chance of winning a $30 gift voucher when playing in our challenge and use a TPS image, playing with another brand gives you the chance of winning three digis of your choice.

Thanks for dropping by!

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card

10 comments:

Ella's Design said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Marie! Hope you have a wonderful day, whatever you're doing!
Love your pretty card with all those gorgeous papers and flowers, so feminine! Hugs, Lisa x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marie, I do hope youve had a brilliant birthday and hopefully it didnt thunder either, I know weve had more this year than normal, I suppose its to do with the really heavy downpours weve been experiencing yesterday we have hailstones as well and the heavy downfall. I love your card using Kraft isnt that easy for sure, but its a beautiful card and it looks stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Colette said...

Happy Birthday Marie, hope you have a good one! Your card is lovely, I like the soft colours of the image on the kraft background and gorgeous papers and flowers, looks quite vintage-y, hugs, Colette xx

Annelie said...

Hipp Hurra på din födelsedag, jag hoppas att den är riktigt bra!!
Underbart snyggt kort du gjort, väldigt vackert i fina färger!
Mycket fint med motivet på kraftpapper, det var nog en liten mening med stänkandet tror jag ;-)
Kul att du får lite användning för grejset jag skickat - är själv lite dålig på att skriva det, skulle behöva göra det hela tiden för jag är betydligt flitigare på att använda, framförallt diesen jag fått av dig, jag bara älskar dom båda två!
Stora kramar på dig!
//Annelie

Judith said...

Happy birthday Marie - i love how you coloured this image so delicate and pretty hugs judith x

Gail said...

This is a stunning card with the craft paper. I adore your coloring on this...soft, pretty and sweet! And you are very welcome for the wide lace and I'm glad you like it! This is such a pretty card and I could sit and look at it on my desk forever. I love girly and this card is the perfect type of card in my eyes. It's got all the girly touches that make it so special. Happy happy birthday my friend! Hugs, Gail

Vannessa said...

Happy Birthday Marie. Hope you had a great day! This card is gorgeous and I love how she looks on the kraft card - might have to try that myself sometime.

Hugs, Vannessa

coops said...

oh wow i love this marie.really stunning image and colouring and your design is really beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Tracie said...

What a gorgeous card. I really like how you tied in your embellishments with the image which is adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

NicoleDesigns said...

This card is beautiful! I love the layers and the paper choice and of course the amazing colouring.... I hope you had a wonderful birthday Miss Marie!.... xo Nikki